Search with Google

Google
 

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gluten Free Snogging

I call my husband the glutenator. He has a love of pasta, pizza and bread that has been sidelined by a celiac diagnosis. We're slowly adjusting and discovering new sources of gluten everywhere - toothpaste, shampoo, etc.

There is bread and gluten in the house since we are a liberal biglutenous family.

One of my children, who wants to remain anonymous stated,"I can only kiss someone if they are gluten free." This caused her parents' eyebrows to raise. The glutenator crossed his arms and assumed the angry bear stance.

Realizing what she said, she quickly retreated... too late. Parental antennae were up.

Slowly and painfully we pulled the story out. It turns out that my daughter kissed someone who ate regular wheat filled food. She couldn't understand why she felt slightly unwell, not a full out reaction but some ongoing nausea. After a bit of time, she connected the reaction to the snogging.

....I'm afraid to ask how much time this took....

But this is going to be a better parental control tool than the glutenator could ever hope to be!

2 comments:

Catie said...

OMG this is hilarious!

Chantal said...

LMAO, I'm sure my dad would wish something like that for my youngest sister...nature's checks and balances huh? lol