Search with Google

Google
 

Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring

Spring has arrived and we're challenged to find some signs that nature is stretching awake after a long winter. The sap in the maple trees isn't running. Sugar bush season requires night time temperatures below zero Celsius (32 F) and daytime temperatures above zero. The snow banks skulking at the sides of the road are laughing at us as we crane our necks to see oncoming traffic. We're close to breaking the snow record of 444cm (almost 15 feet) and I'm cheering for the record, much to chagrin of my neighbours.

Right now it's 10 degrees below... I'm glad it has warmed up a little.

However, a little bit of spring can be bought at every grocery store and here's mine.

Spring has sprung,
The grass has riz'
I wonder where the birdie is?

As I looked into the sky,
A little birdie pooped in my eye.
'Tis a blessing cows don't fly!